Sleep issues have become an epidemic. If you know someone who reaches for a sleeping medication every night, encourage them to reach for the phone instead. Chiropractic care may help with their sleep problems!
If your nervous system is on high alert, falling asleep and staying asleep is unlikely. Many patients report improved sleep patterns after beginning regular chiropractic care. Reducing nervous system interference facilitates the natural processes of the body, including sleep.
We also suggest these natural methods:
- Read, keep a journal or take a warm bath
- Avoid evening consumption of alcohol, food or caffeine
- Exercise by taking a short walk after dinner
- Avoid upsetting situations before bedtime
- Reduce your exposure to television news
Sleep problems are not the result of a sleeping pill shortage! While convenient (and potentially addictive), drugs merely mask the real problem. And while you may sleep, the quality of your sleep from a drug-induced stupor is hardly the rejuvenation you need.